Thread: Struggling
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 10:58 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
outonalimb

Well...first of all...here's a big old hug from one single mom to another (((((((((((NGU))))))))))))

Its not easy.
In fact, its pretty damn hard somedays.
And I've often struggled with thoughts about how did I get here? How in the world did I end up a single, struggling mom? Its not what I had in mind.

Be proud of yourself. Be very, very proud of yourself. You got yourself and your sweet little boy out of a very bad situation and that, my friend, took REAL courage and strength. Your son is so lucky to have such a smart, hardworking, loving mom in his corner. We codies can be so dang hard on ourself sometimes. Sometimes it seems like nothing we ever do could possibly be enough. Somedays, no matter how far I've come since the dark days, I feel like I'll always be struggling...like it will always be an uphill battle. But usually, when I feel that way, its because I'm tired and I need to get some rest and find some time to do something just for me.

I really hope that you'll consider seeing a Dr. about your depression (at least, it sounds like depression). Reaching out for help doesn't make you weak. Depression is a chemical imbalance and there are medications that can help you get your ship back on course. Have you thought about going in for some counseling? It can't hurt.

Whatever you decide to do, I hope you take a minute and think about all of the things you've done right over the last few years. Think about how much better off you are today than you were when things were at their worst. And know that better days are in store for you. Your too smart, too funny, too strong, and too loving of a mom to have things go any other way. You're just going thru a difficult time right now but things WILL get better. They really will. And I'm so glad you're reching out here...to people who understand...for support.

Sending hugs and support...