View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 06:40 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

Lost -
I am so sorry you are having to deal with all of this.

For what it's worth, I know of a few people who were actually well on their way to recovery and were slapped with charges of something that happened months b4, when they were active. A very dear friend was hauled off to jail on a charge from 3 years ago. She got out but had to pay some fines and is still paying back the bonding company.

The consequences of an addict's using will affect your AD for a long time. But I honestly believe that letting HER deal with them will only strengthen her in recovery if she wants it bad enough.

Right now I'm getting huge bills almost every day that I ignored when I was using. But I honestly don't want anyone to help me out with them. I know that as long as I keep recovering, I will pay what I can when I can, and then I won't have to deal with them anymore, AND I will be clean.

I know you are hurting and you love your AD. Jail detox sucks but I've known too many people where that only made their resolve to start recovering stronger. I truly hope your daughter is at her turning point.

I'm so glad the kids have you. Keep taking care of YOU and the kids, love your daughter, and do whatever YOU feel comfortable with in helping her.

Sending hugs and prayers to you and your family
Amy