View Single Post
Old 04-21-2002, 06:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
helluvagalnva
Paused

Post How do stop being addicted to love

How do you stop being addicted to love and how do you know the difference between loving someone or just thinking you do because you're addicted?

I don't know if you read in one of my post but a couple of weeks ago I broke up with my boyfriend that I've been seeing for about 9 months. I thought I was going down the same old path as before so I broke up with him. Listening to him and standing back I'm starting to think differently. He really loves me and my children and would do anything in this world for me. I think I'm pushing him away because deep down I feel like maybe I don't deserve to be happy or for someone to love me. I'm afraid of failing again. I couldn't make my marriage work so what makes me think that I can make this relationship work. I also dont know the difference between true love and love
addiction. Can anyone shed any light on this for me? This man is everything I always wanted in a man. He's gentle, sexy, hard working, sensitive, shows empathy and has compassion, has alot of friends, and genuinely cares for others. The sex is awesome and I love being with him. Because I feel like this I feel quilty and sorry for my "a" like I'm letting him down some how.

My boyfriend thinks that I expect for him to be perfect and myself for that matter. This has always been one of my faults. I am aware of me being like this so I try really hard to think about it every day so I won't be like that because I know tht no one is perfect including myself. I'm pushing him away and I really don't know why. I have a really hard time being honest and trusting myself. I don't understand what my feelings about certain things mean. I sometimes act as if, I ignore what going on then it really isn't happening so, I don't have to think about it.

Just another blah day...But it will get better because I'm taking my kids to Busch Gardens to ride some rides and eat lots of churros and ice cream with warm cherries on top. ummmmmmmmmm...

Galnva