Thread: Update
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2007, 04:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Nicole0927
One day at a time...

Update

Hello everyone, I haven't been on in awhile so much has happened. ABF has had many relapses since my last post a few months ago. I was going through my own pain. Shortly after he went on his last mission I found out that I was pregnant then found out I was pregnant with twins. I had to make a decision that was going to affect me for the rest of my life. Doing that made me realize just how powerless I am over his addiction and only have the power of my own choices. This past year of my life has been the hardest yet but I want to let everyone out there know that it does get better in time. If I was asked a few months ago how I felt about meeting my ABF I would of had nothing nice to say, I allowed his addiction to take full control of my life.Meeting him has allowed me to learn so much about myself. I was driving myself crazy, but once I let go and started focusing on the things that were important in my life, my life started getting better. The hardest thing I ever did was walk away. It turned out to be the best thing I ever did. I just want everyone to know that all of you are in my prayers and I hope that things get better for everyone that is going through something this sad. ABF is living in a recovery house and almost finished his first step. Today he is doing great.