Thread: HUGS Retreat
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 09:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MsPINKAcres
Living in a Pinkful Place

HUGS Retreat

Hey SR family,

Just wanted to share what a wonderful retreat we had this weekend. Started off a little iffy because according to "my" plans there were going to be 5 of us going - 1 by 1 people started cancelling - with 2 cancelling on Friday morning, about 3 hrs before we were scheduled to leave - So this left it down to me & 1 other lady. And if she hadn't shown up at my house by the time we had to leave - I was going alone.

But as always it was exactly as God had plan - My friend & I had a great visit on the ride to Spring, TX (getting there & coming home yesterday) and then we were able to bunk in a cabin with about 15 other women in recovery - mainly in NA.

That was hiliarious & yet spiritual at the same time. These women are brutally honest and yet would do whatever necessary to help another person in the program.

Due to circumstances beyond my control (sheesh isn't everything beyond my control - lol) I am uncomfortable & unable to attend open AA/NA meetings & haven't done so for a while. Spending the weekend with these women has given me back something that I didn't even know I had lost - a true love and healthy compassion for the addicts/alcoholics.

I had missed that interaction with that other part of my recovery family - So very grateful that the God of my understand has given that to me again.

We laughed, joked, compared stories, cried, swam, heard speakers from NA, AA & Al-Anon, listened to healing music in front of a bon fire and then on the last day heard about each others God as they understood him.

It was beautiful, it was healing, it is recovery.

Pull out your 2008 Calendar Sept. 19, 20 & 21, 2008 - Women's HUGS Retreat -
Believe me, I can't imagine that you would regret it.

H ope
U nity
G ratitude
S erenity

HUGS to each of you,

Wishing you Serenity & Joy,
Rita