View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 08:04 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  
rayofsunshine

Thanks Babs. Speaking of Dakota... hope you get the computer glitches worked out. We miss your words of wisdom! And thanks for the reminder, that I can make it on my own if needed. I don't have to give up my peace and serenity.

I realized today, I do have some feelings to work through. I do hearing tests PT, and on a job today, I saw a guy my AH used to work with. (A normal guy, not an addict.) I didn't recognize him, but he did me, and asked me if I was so&so's wife. I said yes, and went on to tell him where AH was now, in prison. He said" I thought he was doing good last time I saw him, said he was going to church and working, etc. We talked for a few minutes and proceeded with the test... during which a wave of sadness kinda flowed through me. Afterwards, he told me it would be ok, AH was a good guy and he thinks he'll work it out this time. I didn't have time to break down or cry, but it was just an unexpected feeling of sadness... I guess I've been so strong, keeping everything together, and it's really the 1st time a "normal" person ever took the time to talk about the good in AH and share a little hope. I didn't feel less-than or looked down on like a lot of people make me feel when they know you have a spouse in prison. (I'm working on self-esteem issues too. LOL)