Old 09-12-2007, 06:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
faithfully

Addict in hospital me across country still can't let go

My addict went into the hospital after I left him a month ago. I drove across country to get away. I was in hell with crack pipes everywhere in the house he wouldn't stop wouldn't let me say no to the money....fits of anger...terror and fear for months till I got away. Calling me calling me to send him money...ashamed because I wrecked his life...He has been in the hospital, once with flesh eating disease and now again with infected wounds and sores from the surgery...I sent him money he got welfare check and still ended up on the streets, He says all he did was drink when they let him out of the hospital. I stil can't move on. I worry non stop. Do I fly back across the country? I'm a mess, constantly think about him worry worry worry and he is sick sick sick in the hospital. Is he going to die? They cut him off morphine today when they found out he was on methadone everyone says I should change my number but I can't let him be alone and sick in the hospital. No one else he talks to but me 3000 miles away. I don't know the nurse says he'll get better and for me not to stress but when I talk to him I stress stress stress and wonder if he'll make it. He has infected wounds wonder if it's gangreen. They are pumping him and putting silver bandages on him feeding him strong antibiotics then he got mrsa and still nurse says he'll be OK he doesn't want me calling nurses he says the doctors are terrible it's a terrible hospital. WORRY WORRY WORRY and I think SHOOT ME SHOOT I am truly lost. Went to a meeting today only one other woman there..nice but it didn't help DID NOT HELP!:uzi2: