Old 09-12-2007, 08:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
laketime

My AS is 20. He came out of a 30 day residential program about a year and a half ago. We let him come to our house. This was a huge, huge, huge mistake. He should have went to a sober living house, such as an Oxford House or halfway house. 30 days isn't long enough in recovery. They need so much more "clean time". He relapsed , lived on the streets, went to jail, twice and so much more. We missed him so, that we didn't listen when the counselors advised us to send him to an Oxford House. I think our mistake probably cost a year of active using. You never know of course, thats just my feeling. You can only do what "you" can live with, but If I could do it over, he would go straight to a halfway, do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars. He recently went to an Oxford house after jail and stayed there about two months, he has recently moved in with a clean friend he met at NA. He has almost 90 days clean. I don't know if an Oxford or something like it is an option for you but if it is then I would definitely reccommend it as strongly as I can.