Thread: 40 days sober
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 08:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

First let me say great job with now 41 days!!!

Bjork in early sobriety my emotions were all over the place, I remember how it was and when speaking to a newcomer I try and make them feel welcome but with out any pressure. I remember being scared crapless one minute and then wanting to burt into tears the next, I have seen plenty of people leave thier first meeting or certain meetings early, it happens and is no big deal and well understood by the folks there, they have been where you are at, I was there!

Comfort will come in time with meetings, I have heard of folks that did not say a word in a meeting for a whole year, they actually probably got more out of thier early meetings then I did because I was a blabbermouth, I some how got it into my head after 3 months sober that I had important things to share when in reality I hardly knew anything at that point except "One Day at a Time."

As the old timers told me when I would get all wound up "Take it easy". I spent 40 years drinking and some how I wanted 10 years of sobriety over night!

If you are called on to share simply say something like "I am just listening today, thanks"