Thread: Shoot me NOW!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2007, 07:24 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
greeteachday
Administrator

(((((Susan)))))
detaching doesn't have to mean loosing her. Yes, for now she is not physically present, but you can hold her always in your heart and love and pray for her. It is only by letting go of expectations and control that our addicts can find their way back. When no one cushions their landings, the pain of using becomes more apparent. It helps me to see recovery at open AA and NA meetings and to read the miracles here. No matter how bad we think it is, there is always hope. I do believe in miracles and the miracle of you having the relationship you would like to have with your daughter.

I lost one daughter to this horrible disease, (my belief is that she would have struggled throughout her life so her HP brought her to a better place) but I found a miracle with my other daughter. Our relationship today is more precious than I could ever have imagined. At times I am tempted to carry some of her load for her, then I see how she shines when I sit back and give her nothing but love and emotional support.

Praying that your HP will comfort you during this difficult time and help you through this journey to peace. Hugs