Old 09-02-2007, 03:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
On~Fire

Sometimes people need to learn from their mistakes. As much as it pains me to say that. I believe that you should let your father make his own decisions as destructive or constructive as they may be. I know you have kids but hes not one of them. Im not saying that the decisions he is making are mature, responsible or for the well being of others or himself. But as you have already experienced there is no way you can control him. Hopefully he realizes whats happening. But coming out of that kind of depression i can tell you is very hard to handle, even sober. I promise his problems will not end with just putting down the bottle. But they will get worse if he gets caught drinking and driving. Im sorry either of you have to go through this. I think that a broken heart is the worst thing in the world anybody can experience. But seriously, somebody trying to controll your life at this point in your life is probably the most annoying thing. Im not saying this is the politically correct advice. Its just my sentiments. I wish your family the best. Thats a tough situation. I had my heart broken a few months ago. Thats what it took for me to get sober for the first time in 12 years. I have never felt pain like that. It pains me to hear your situation.