Thread: All About Me
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 05:22 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
lightseeker

I’ve realized how much more I know about our respective addicts that I do each of us. Heather, thank you so much for doing this!

I am 50 years old. My passions are my two sons (and my furry son), work, and learning. I am a physical therapist at a Level I trauma center. My specialty is trauma and I do all of the PT/OT department’s orientation in that area. My patients are the major traumas that you read about in the newspaper. I’ve developed a sub-specialty in non-pharmaceutical methods of pain control and lecture in that fairly regularly. That came about from when my kids were young and having lots of issues and hospitalizations with asthma. I went and researched all the options for healing and ending up training in Guided Imagery, Craniosacral Therapy, myofascial release, therapeutic dialogue, and somatic recovery. I also became a Reiki master.

One of my loves is writing…I’ve journaled all of my life but have recently begun to write and submit for publication. I met a lifelong goal in May by becoming a published and PAID writer! More to come! I am currently working on a book regarding preparing for and recovering from surgery.

I have many spiritual interests – especially in the Buddhist tradition. I enjoy reading and learning about that. I tend to get obsession about a topic and exhaust the literature about a subject.

I have become addicted to Suduko……I can feel the “ommmm” chemicals release when I’m solving one! I love to go to the beach and listen to the waves and smell the sea air. I’ve been a regular exerciser through the years but have recently fallen off the wagon….my tailbone has begun to bother me over the last several month and that’s slowed me down. Finally went to the doctor yesterday and the xray showed it turned to a 90 degree angle ---looking forward to getting it fixed so I can get moving again.

When I graduated from college the first time I worked in the travel industry – travel is a passion but I don’t get to do it much anymore….I miss it! I went back for a 2nd degree in PT when I was 31……so that means I’ve been practicing for almost 19 years!

I love to laugh, eat ethnic food, and enjoy my family.