Thread: All About Me
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 08:39 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Mavis

My real name is Karen, and I was named after my aunt. I was born and raised in Alberta, Canada and I hate winter. I dread the moment the leaves begin to fall because it means the deep cold is going to dump its white crap all over the place and blow -50 degree winds isolating me in the house. If any one does not know 'how cold' -50 degrees can be -imagine a crack of thunder in the middle of the night over your head, or better yet- the sound of a gigantic tree falling on your house and startling you out of your covers in a complete freight. and then you realize it's not thunder, or a tree landing on your roof -Its just the foundation of your home contracting from the drastic -50 degree temperatures and cracking all around you. . . NICE!!!!

I am 28, and have the misfortune of an older sister, who -on plenty of occasions, gotten gratification on belittling me infront of others at every chance, just to gain attention for herself.

I had always dreamed of being a writer. Sitting in my quiet little room with a cup of steamed chia and imagined typing my thoughts away. All day, all night. lol

I am back in school and still trying to decide what it is 'realistically' what I want to do when I get older. I finnished upgrading my highschool (English 30-1) last month, and next week, I start Grammar at our local college.

I love dancing, the odd glass of red wine, reading, Teramisu, gardening, playing acoustic guitar, torturing my son by singing I love laughing! I go to the comedy clubs when I can, I shop at thrift stores and wear flats.
If I were stranded on a island, and could only bring one c.d, it would be any of Nina Simone's collection. And if I were stranded with one other survivor, it would be Brad Pitt.

uuuummm, well, I'm out of thoughts for now, but thanks Heather, it was really neat that you posted this! a good change getting out of the 'usual'.