Thread: All About Me
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 04:36 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Spiritual Seeker
get it, give it, grow in it

What an awesome group here!
I love my circle of friends. Usually when I meet with them it is to go for a long walk at the beach or harbor that are in the neighborhood of my California home. We often follow the walk with "happy hour" I also have an apt. on the east coast but only go there every couple of months. I've been married to my final husband for 12 yrs. and I am still madly in love with him. I have always traveled the world and go abroad at least 2 times ea. yr.
I have just one child, my 23 yr. old AS. I am happy to report that he has been back in my life in a BIG way this month after 5 yrs. of estrangement. It is wonderful !
Reading non-fiction is one of my favorite past-times. I am well-educated. This is the beginning of my 2nd yr. off from my career working with teens, but I plan to return to work next yr.
I'm athletic with tennis being my favorite sport. I eat healthy and love a good work-out. I have no complaints.
I am happy to be a part of the recovery community. Working the 12 steps of Al-Anon for the past 4 yrs. has been a blessing. I am thankful that my son's addiction led me to a better way to live my life.