Thread: All About Me
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 03:46 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
ladyamalthea

Okay, I'm back

I'm 24, and a second-year 9th and 10th grade literature teacher at a high school in a teeny tiny town about 35 minutes away from Atlanta. My students and my husband are my life. I enjoy what I do with every fiber of my being, even on days when my students don't enjoy it quite as much as I do. I've been married for 15 months now and love my husband more than anything. He is also my best friend. We have a cat whom we love dearly, even though she is not living with us at the moment. Until we close on our first house, which should be in the next two weeks, she is visiting my inlaws. I miss her terribly, but I love going to visit her when I'm not busy grading papers or trying to catch up on sleep. I am friendly and love making new friends. I love any and all music except for hard core rap. My favorite books include To Kill a Mockingbird, Night, Jane Eyre, and Rule of the Bone, although I am constantly being introduced to new favorites. I enjoy most movies, although comedies tend to be my favorite. I dislike goory (sp?) films, mushrooms, mayonaise and waking up early in the mornings. My immediate goals for the future include closing on our house, beginning my master's degree, and getting in shape. My long term goals include becoming an awesome mother, getting my doctorate, and being able to retire happy and healthy with my husband.