Thread: What do I say?
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 02:36 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
tryvia

Originally Posted by an'ka View Post
I think it's better to treat her as an adult woman that she is, and not get caught on that hook. Wish her a good time. Leave it at that.
Wow. That's so on the nose. You're right, and that's what I'll do if this situation comes up again. At this point she knows exactly what the situation is and where I stand. I'm just really relieved that she brought it up, so i couldn't accidentally nag.

Originally Posted by CE Girl View Post
How bout using the time in between crises to PREPARE taking care of YOU? Have you thought about al anon? Keeping a journal? Running, or perhaps jumping outta a plane?

We're glad your here tryvia,,,I'm just the resident smartarse
No worries, all my favourite people are smartarses

I already do a lot of that. I've kept a journal since 2000, been going to the gym every other day since mid-May, the "jumping out of a plane" thing... yeah, not gonna happen. :lol Heights bad. Don't have a lot of fears, but that's one. But otherwise, it's probably because I've been taking care of myself that much that I've finally gotten to the point of even BEGINNING to address this.

It's weird, because I only have codependent tendencies with romantic relationships. Anyone else, my boundaries are large, well-declared, and brutally enforced. I'm actually anti-dependent, if such a thing exists. But I keep falling very hard for girls with clinical depression and abusive mothers, and bending over inside out to try to make them happy. I don't quite know how to do anything in between.