Thread: Pot smoker
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 11:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mamaplus2kids

Pot smoker

I am at a loss. I have been involved with a 42-year old man for the last year. He is a daily pot smoker. I do not see him smoke it, as he knows that I don't approve. He tells me he smokes small quantities mixed with tobacco and compares his cigarettes to a few sips of wine. I told him that I didn't like it, even if, in our country, it is legal to grow up to 10 plants for private consumption. I just thought it was wreaking havoc on his health and motivation. He is an artist and claims this helps his creativity. I have never seen him "stoned" but then again, I might not know what to look for. Our relationship has been nice. He's a quiet, sweet, loving person. But lately, I feel he has been forcing the love bit. Perhaps he sees that I am questioning things and this freaks him out. In terms of enabling him, I think I provide him with company that he would otherwise have to seek out in bars. Sometimes, I feel I should stop staying in touch with other friends, (he is very jealous), and I sometimes feel I should not go on a trip, as he doesn't like to travel. Because of his lack of motivation, he also can't afford to do many things that normal people would be able to afford. I don't know what to do.