Thread: All About Me
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 09:22 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
MsPINKAcres
Living in a Pinkful Place

ok - my turn.
I'm 43 & a mother of 5 beautiful daughters (ages 29 - 20) (2 are my birth daughters & 3 are my step-daughters) just celebrated 15 yrs married to my AH. I have 6 grandchildren and 1 more on the way. I absolutely LOVE being a "ReeRee"

I am a career State Employee, 21 plus yrs - different jobs - such as Unemployment, Worker's Comp, Food Stamps & now a Real Estate Agent for DOTD. Also a Tax Professional for major Tax firm.

Cooking/baking is my stress relief - love to cook & have friends & family over to eat on Sundays. Not many people can beat my Chicken & Sausage Gumbo.

I am the ultimate GIRLY GIRL. I grew up on a dairy farm and have served my time with animals & planting things - I pray that I never have to do any of that EVER again. Very seldom will you catch me without full make-up, matching jewelry, shoes & toenail polish. (with a really cute purse - I really meant that girly girl thing)

To some that may sound like torture - to me it is about self-care - I have learned thru recovery - this helps me like me. It helps me feel comfortable in my own skin.

I also was a fairly decent catcher for slow-pitch softball (co-ed) adult team - had to "retire" do to an injury - even managed to look girly while tagging a guy out at homeplate!!

I love RECOVERY!! It has saved my life, my sanity and my world. I try to attend at least 2 meetings a week & stay in touch with the ladies that I sponsor on a weekly basis. Thru this site & another I even have the honor of having "on-line" sponsees - how fun is that!!!! I have shared my story of recovery on several different occasions as a guest speaker for Al-Anon meetings, AA anniversary meetings and Women's retreats.

Life is good thanks to the love of my HP & recovery.

Ok - enough about me - who's next?