Thread: Trying so hard
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 07:20 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Selah

Red face

Wow, are we living the same life. My abf is addicted to xanax mainly - but yes he goes for kolonopin and vicodin and sometimes even coke as a last result. And yes it xanax was doctor prescribed. I am filled with so much anger towards the doctor, towards everyone who allowed to take it seeing how harshly it affected him. And yes I hold onto and ration his pills....it's a terrible feeling to be turned into a parent. The weight I hold to yes or no, 1 or 2 when I am filled with fear b/c if I give one or two I know he'll want or steal 3-4 more or go to his stupid friends to get 30 more...
I don't understand - logically yes I know it's a mental addiction, and now in his blood stream. but He has me, an awesome family, job, very talented at music...just makes no sense.
Now here's the worst part - I try to work on me, I really do. But part of me is enveloped in him...he is who I want to marry build a life with and it is all halted. He is amazing person, kind & cute & playful & helpful WHEN he's not on pills. I become resentful when he is on pills. He spent all his money, he embarassed me at a party or function, he lied, he said inappropriate things to other women, this isn't even him and I sit there...knowing this isn't him but what am I going to make an announcement to everyone we come in contact with? ' oh don't mind him he's on about 2387 different pills right now' And when he becomes sober I still hold things against him...that's a terrible feeling as well.
Good thing? He left for rehab on tuesday but our r/ship has been so damaged by his drug use I've developed terrible habits...resentful, cyncical, sarcastic, angry...so i become angry w/ myself.

Oh well...I'll just keep on keepin on.

Originally Posted by WENDYLOST101 View Post
No greet, its not fair. Having this in my life is not fair. My life is simply NOT FAIR.
Yours is not fair.
None of ours here at SR is fair and I am sick of it.

Everyone always says to me everything happens for a reason, but you know what, I see absolutely no reason in this situation!