Thread: All About Me
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 08:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
GiveLove

Hi HK - I'll play!

I'm 45 and love good soft blue jeans, cotton shirts, and silver hoops. I "clean up nice" as my husband says (oh, yeah, I'm married) but am really an earthy girl, an ex-tomboy who loves to get her hands in the dirt, on the reins, in the dogs' thick fur, etc.

I'm shy, but very friendly to people who approach me first. I can often be seen wandering across campus lost in thought. My friends think I'm this eccentric, lovable girl raised by wolves. I am a pretty good cook, and lean toward Asian cuisines (esp. Thai) because I can often stuff my face with my own cooking without getting too overweight.

I spend my days at school, at my journal, at my computer job, in the garden, on a woodworking or stonework project, on long walks or trail runs through the woods, and at the library. I live in a small house which backs to forest, in a town of 500 souls within a half-hour of Denver. My neighborhood is equal parts well-off yuppies, rednecks, stoners, artists, and white-collar recluses.

I love movies, dramatic plays (not musicals), concerts at small venues, and I am a voracious reader; my favorite writers are J.D. Salinger, Christopher Moore, Walt Whitman, Martha Beck, Chuck Palahniuk, Billy Collins, and about a thousand more. I don't watch much TV, though I was very attached for a while to Monk, The Office, and to the british series Coupling.

I spent many years in recovery before reaching this space where I'm standing, where I like my own company just fine, I no longer give myself a hard time for not being Ms. Perfection, and I enjoy waking up in the morning...and, to paraphrase The Who, I get on my knees and pray I won't get fooled again!! Lots of work to get here and lots of work yet to do, but I'm glad I've stuck it out so far.

Hugs to all,
GiveLove & fam