Thread: Hey!
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2002, 04:33 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
smoke gets in my eyes

Smile

Hello Onway!
Welcome to the recovery forum! Duck has become our new analogy for an addict. I'm afraid I started it. I was having a moment of suspicion about the A in my life, and ALL I said was "Do not be fooled by corrective flippers, if it still quacks like a duck, the metamorphosis is not complete." Then the duck explosion occured. Quacking now refers to "addictolog"... you know, that nonsense they start spouting to get drugs or justify their life.
If you use the search button (top right of page), search the naranon board for the post "waterfoul".... you'll see how it all began. It could take some time reading that board to catch all the duck jokes that have occured since then. The rowdiest we have gotten so far is when we wrote the story of Dino the Demon Duck Daredevil... although he turned out not to be such a Demon, or Daredevil. That post is also on the Naranon board entitled "Duck Tale".
This may not seem to have a lot to do with recovery... but sometimes the hardest thing for an anon to do is to find something to smile at. This gang has me in stitches at least once a day, and I love them for that.
You might also read "step one awards for Naranoners" ... I think it's on the 1st or 2nd page over on Naranon right now. That will clue you in to a lot of the inside jokes.
Again welcome. I hope you like a little silliness from time to time. Keep posting!

Hugs,
Smoke