Old 08-29-2007, 03:10 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Wascally Wabbit
Power is not having to respond

Good grief, I had forgotton how many empty promises I had been given! Though circumstances may be different, I will bet we have heard every one of these ourselves.

Sadly, the addict thinks we are too stupid to know better!

I remembered another one, a HUGE one from that number one seller that Oprah made famous, James Frey's "A Million Little Pieces". James Frey who made these outrageous claims, made us believe that he was an addict and alcoholic when in fact, his book was a lie. Is this a complete 360 on our beliefs of addicts? I mean someone who's not an addict lieing and saying they are??!!??

His story was so very compelling and well written that you are instantly drawn in. Those who are addicts can relate to everything he wrote.

I even had him sign a book for me after a very large crowd came to see him talk about his experiences with addiction, and listen to his warnings about drug use.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I wound up selling it on ebay for,,,,,,, 14.00!) Isn't that amazing? Even though he had been exposed as a liar, people still wanted the book. It wasn't much for the signed book, but gees, how can you know someone is lieing and taking your money like that and want to buy anything they have to offer?

He's exposed! So what does he do? He writes another book and sells the crap out of it too!!!

I don't get it.