View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 09:16 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Hangin' In
Southern through and through

One thing Greet said reminded me of something my sponsor told me to do. I was having trouble letting go, giving my daughter to her HP. So my sponsor told me to visualize this. (This particular incident was at night and obviously I was having trouble sleeping.) My sponsor told me to visualize putting my AD on a conveyor belt and sending her up to God. And I loved what she said next. She said, "He's going to be up all night anyway, so let HIM take care of her while you sleep."

Good gosh, I loved that! I have my AD (and sober daughter, too) on that conveyor belt everyday. Just shoot them right up there to God so I can go about my business. After all, he DID give ME a life to live, too.

And I loved what Ann reaffirmed. We can "know" all day long what to do. It's only when we WORK the program do the payoffs come. As my sponsor has said to me, on more than one occasion, "If you want to get better, you have to DO something." Translated that meant, "Quit whining and get your bohunkus in gear!" Yeah, have to admit...I whined.