Thread: I've lost it
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 06:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
MTBChick

Okay so here is the comment I left on his page in response to his post

It is how you have treated me since you have gotten sober.

Some days I think I have the resentment kicked in the butt but it rears its ugly head. I'm sorry I hurt you and I'm sorry my resntments rear there ugly head. What is it that you wish me to do.

Then here is what he wrote in the comments as a response.... Please do share your opinions here.

I'm certainly not perfect, and I do sincerely wish some things weren't so broken still.

But, this is exactly why distance is most appropriate. I seem to be the only one who continues to always be at fault. I know that's not true, and so when that's all that ever gets thrown in my face, the best thing for me to do is to let it go and walk away from it. It's clear that nothing I say or do will help you, and continuing this cycle only compromises my own recovery efforts in the end.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again - I am truly sorry for the pain and hurt I've caused you in the past. I'm sorry for betraying, abusing, and manipulating your love and trust when I was in my active alcoholism. All those things were selfish, and I would never pretend to blame them all on the booze. I am still (and always will be) capable of all those things with or without booze; I can only be a better and stronger person by always working a strong recovery program and fostering my spirituality. When there are threats to my sobriety, I must remove or avoid them. Some things simply cannot be repaired by me alone, and I will not be guilted into accepting complete culpability for the state of those things.

I just now noticed your second comment - I'm not asking you do anything. That's not my place. I do my best to be willingly accountable for all of those things I did that you are resentful about. That's all I can ever do.