View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 11:54 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
respektingme

"The result, he no longer drinks around me, as a matter of fact the last time he brought a bottle home and I saw it hidden, I said, you gotta share, he was more upset about sharing that he now brings nothing around me"

ROFL!!!!! If my AH starts drinking again, I'm going to buy a bottle of cranberry juice and do the same thing, lol. I never thought of doing that. I love the conclusion some here have come up with. I can't drink in front of him because I'm an ex-smoker and equate the temptation to drink with that, at least that's how I rationalize it. And I KNOW it's easier to not smoke when I'm not around it. When I'm with one of my best friends and they are smoking, I want one SO BAD. So, I don't want to tempt my AH like that. But as for no drinking when he's actively drinking, damn, how stupid could I have been? My abstinence did nothing to stop him or even slow him down. All this time I could have had a margarita if I wanted one. But nooooo, didn't want to entice him. Well, I still really don't want him to drink, but if he does, my self-imposed halo is coming off. My mudslide will be coming.