View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 10:56 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
CE Girl

Ahhhhhh,,,keeping,,I remember this dance VERY well,,and from the sounds of it,,your almost ready to lead,,,

The "last" time my A went into rehab and then recovery (supposedly) we did this little waltz. He was in an aftercare program and drank after each session. I first would "confront" him, ie "have you been drinking? I can smell something?" LOL,,To actually see this in type is making me giggle,,,he,he,he,,,How much DENIAL was I in,,,

I then progressed to the "next" level". Pretending all was well. Your description of asking about how the meeting went, struck home. He would always say "fine" too. But when pressed for more information, he would tell me he just got done getting brain cramp and was "spent" and didn't want to talk about it anymore. After all, it was all about HIM and he was tired of it,,

Oh really,,you never tired of being SELFISH before!!!!

But still I persisted, determined to PROVE he was still drinking, even though I knew in my cute little codie heart, he never actually STOPPED!!!! It took one more incident where it was undeniable before I STUCK to my boundary and began the no contact "dance"

That's a whole NEW story!!!! One I'll spare you the details of at the moment,,

So, yes, sweetie,,I've been through it,,,,

Peace