Thread: Not doing good
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 10:51 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
kj0975

Wendy maybe see if you can move the pain mgmt appt up or have the other Dr call and schedule the appt you would be suprised how something opens up when a Dr calls to make the appt. They shouldnt have a problem doing that for your husband. Just call explain the situation and ask the Dr to call and see what they can do for you. You pay them enough they should be able to do something for your husband. My fiance as you know has a very bad back and I believe does the same line of work as your husband does. Its so hard to watch them. My fiance also says when the time comes where he can have a cure to be pain free he will also have to go to rehab. After so many years on the pain meds you do become addicted to them and sometimes you need help to come off them.

Ask the Dr if maybe he can write a RX for a long lasting pain med and that way your husband can take the percocet for breakthrough pain. PM me if you want I can give you some ideas. What about the duragesic patch did he ever look into that? THere are a few others I cant think of off the top of my head but if anything comes to mind I'll PM you. I know how hard this is to watch and deal with.