View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 09:46 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
greeteachday
Administrator

Originally Posted by TrishaV View Post
I am really confused about the police department doing nothing about the abuse. There is a law now that protects the people in which they are not the ones prosecuting the abuser the state is. Upon any sign of abuse (red marks, bleeding..etc.) the officer should have hauled his butt away. They give the abusee the chance to say whether she wants to press charges and even if she says no - they pick him up for domestic abuse. I honestly thought this was a state-wide law.

I hope you were able to get some sleep and I will keep you both in my prayers.

That's what I was thinking. I was told that my daughter "had" to be arrested since the law requires it when domestic violence is alleged. The os called violence was the day she moved out (after he changed the locks and refused her access because he was mad that she was leaving him) the ex-jerk called the cops and claimed she trashed his house. Since the overzealous cop with little to do said there were what he called "cigar burns" on the rug and the idiot ex is sloppy and had his clothes all over the place, somehow that was a sign of "domestic violence" and she was the cause...(right...she came in with her mom and smoked cigars and put them out on the rug because she wanted to leave him...sigh) She was arrested immediately without even getting a statement or speaking to her witnesses. So if the "law requires that; how come it doesn't require it when there is physical evidence a woman has been battered....Grrrrrrrrrrrr....

Okay, I am powerless, I am powerless, HP is in control....God grant me the serenity...

You are so strong Marle, I so admire your recovery. You and Mr Marle and Megan are in my prayers all the time. An extra prayer today that HP continues to give you the strength and serenity that you have worked so hard for and that he helps Megan to realize that the pain of staying is greater than the pain of embracing recovery. I do see HP's presence here...When I can let go, I see he is in control. Your actions and reactions help me to understand that too...Thank you.