View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 06:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
liesagain

calabash............your recovery is shining.

My husband is in recovery now too and one thing we have discussed recently is the way we both approached disagreements in the past................and like you he says he needs to be able to walk away and like you he said he should go to sleep and think on things but in the past this made me more angry his walking away..........so we discussed it and came to the agreement of sorts that in those disagreements ..........he will make sure not to go to bed angry, we will as calmly as possible agree to let it rest with a promise to readdress it tomorrow .Basically in the past he would say I'm done or something like that and I would be left angry feeling like he just didnt care.
So we talked about that and basically just agreed that even in the most heated disagreement we need to address that its just a disagreement not the end of the world that we love eachother and are committed to working it out together but for tonight we let it go......and say I love you and mean it!!!...........I think this works for us both and I hope when it happens we can do it!~!!

And its great to begin to rebuild the love and respect between a marriage because active addiction does alot of damage but when the love and respect are rebuilt so is the trust in time..........
But trust is the most difficult but it can return it wasnt lost in one day and it doesnt return in one day.......

Keep doing what your doing, I know for me its the actions he shows me today and the "difference" that I see and feel from him that helps me forgive and begin to rebuild..............

Congrats to you be proud of yourself!!!!