Thread: Whine
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 04:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
juliee

Hi Sun,
I can sooo relate. I am the "go to" person for EVERYONE. Be it advice, help moving, cheering up, you name it & they came to me. I didn't share, really share, myself with anyone. Like you, the minute I tried to open up the conversation was over. That's not what anyone was there for. I'm not sure how my life has gotten to this point...I think most of my intentions were (are) good, I really want to be of help. But, at some point I think pride came into play a little too much and I wouldn't expose my weaknesses and vulnerablities. I don't want to ever stop helping I just need to find a balance and make sure I am helped as well. That's a work in progress....didn't happen over night and won't get fixed over night. I do try to choose people I know love me and ask them to please stop and listen for a minute I need some advice/help here.(Make no mistake-I can count on one hand the times I have actually been able to do this...very hard) They usually if not always will then recognize their mistake and listen. Now it's up to me to quit being soo darn proud (false-pride) and let people in. I truly wish you well. I know you can do it! Julie