View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 03:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
ICU

Originally Posted by Rella927 View Post
I SNAPPED! I cannot say if it was good or not I told the both of them that was unacceptable....and if they were going to continue to do so I was going to leave!
From my perspective, I think that was good. You stood up for and defended yourself! When I do the same with my Dad, he too kind of cowers within himself and gets very quiet. Years ago, he would have ripped me a new, 'you know what'. I think when we upset the apple cart by changing the 'dance steps', they don't know how to deal with it. But that's not really important. What is important is that you didn't accept the unacceptable, and THAT is wonderful!!

Do not get me wrong I love them....but I actually saw more of how much healthier that I am and how they will not change-
Yeah, I've had those same feelings. I still love my Dad, and the funny thing is, I think even 'he' is beginning to see how much healthier I am (by me defending myself and NOT taking is poop anymore). Sometimes the change might be slow in coming, and, it may not be enough or what we are looking for, but don't be surprised if down the road 'subtle' changes may take effect on them. I wouldn't expect a 180 though as your Mom is probably set in her ways just like my Dad is.

... I have accepted it-but I guess not to the fullest extent that I need too! I thought I had fully but after this week I see that is not the case!
I have similar feelings too. Just when I think I have an issue resolved it comes into view once again in different ways. I guess that happens to show me I still have some homework due on that particular subject. (my issue a couple of days ago comes to mind here). I just hate when it comes back to bite me!

I guess it was a growing experience this week and something that was painful that I needed to go through with them one final last time!
Or, it might come up again in different form. I know, maybe it's another 'practice' session until we've mastered the lesson to be learned. Ohhhh....yeah, that's my story and I'm sticking with it, LOL!

Sorry your vacation wasn't all you hoped for, but, if you can walk away from it with some lessons learned (like not going with them next year perhaps?) then you're doing better than you did say a year ago. Progress, right?