Thread: Leave it Beaver
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2003, 06:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Leave it Beaver

The Beav was parolled this week to my home with the plan of going to a halfway house from here. I am going to post all of this here so you can all hold me accountable.

Me and my 10 years of Alanon can still be guilty of wishful thinking.

I picked him up at the bus stop in the evening and that evening was good. He ate, showered. was respectful (albeit a bit testy when the halfway house subject would come up). I did note that his gratitude was somewhat lacking.

Anyway, yesterday was day 2 and his parol officer checked in early, told the Beav what was expected of him and went on his way. Did you know that they don't test multiple DUI offenders for alcohol? Only drugs. Alcohol is legal donchaknow.

So the Beav calls a buddy who was part and party to his last car theft and DUI charges and decides to go to work for him. He is a man and a truck doing maintainance. Good!! He's working, right?? I question his choice but he assures me he's "cool".

This saga ends with the fact that the Beav did not come home last night and did not call. Big no-no around here.

It is a fact that he has to go. But how and when is what my mind is working over. Homelessness is a parol violation...not my problem, but still.

He will have 30 "good reason's" for not calling or coming home. Not my problem either...this is a Ward and June violation.

Thoughts?
JT