View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 10:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
nandm
Life the gift of recovery!

Thanks Shutterbug. Yes, I did mean two different disorders but in reviewing my post it is easy to see someone may have seen it different. Thanks for the clarification.

You brought up some good points. I have read articles in the past few years that the main time their is an increased risk of suicide with starting an anti-depressant is mainly in children and teenagers. I wonder though how much of it has to do with the medication and how much has to do with the chemicals in the brain already being so low before the meds were started that suicide was already such a high probability that the meds do not have enough time to catch up the chemicals before the attempt is made.

I did have my daughter when she was 16 become manic when she started on Zoloft but she was also mixing it with alcohol and pot. I think the combination was probably more the cause than the drug alone. Glad she no longer uses alcohol or drugs. Do think she still could use an anti-depressant though but she is 22 so it is up to her.

Thanks again for the information and the welcome