Thread: A lot of Nerve
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 08:59 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
bookmiser
Get Caught Reading

((((Lobo))))

Sending big strong mom hugs your way.
I have to agree with Marle, BigSis, and Susan. Hands off the addict.
Truth be told, though...I've done the same thing. lol
It's not a bit funny, I know, but now that I look back and see the wasted energy I used in fighting a battle that wasn't mine to fight...well...

I'm just thinkin' about you and your own recovery. When I first got here and started my own recovery, I was still fighting my son's addiction for him. I was losing a battle that I just couldn't win. I was losing myself on top of losing him.

It's different now for both of us and I think my own recovery has a lot to do with that. He!! I know it does.

Do what you need to do, but please don't lose yourself in it. She is gonna do what she's gonna do. No matter how hard you try to keep her from it.

I learned that the hard way from my son.

I love ya and am here to support ya. That's it. 'Nuff said. lol
This post is all jumbled cause my daughter is instant messaging me and i'm trying to talk to her at the same time. She read on here that I'm going to Tennessee in October for vacation instead of going to Pennsylvania to see her.
Doesn't matter if your child is an addict or not, in my book. They'll try to make you feel guilty for having your own life anyway. lol
Sorry, Amanda930.

Sorry, Lobo. Gotta go. lol

Love and prayers to you,
Linda