View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 07:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Done_With_It
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by anvilhead View Post
if it were true that people spent a lot of their time with ME on their minds....or if it were true that i was indeed the reason for another's bad mood.....or when i walked into a room and the conversation went quiet because they WERE using their precious time engaged in discussions about ME.........that makes ME pretty powerful doesn't it? converse to the theory that always worrying what others think and if i am somehow responsible is a way i keep myself a step down, it's actually a twisted little ego trip......thinking it IS somehow all about me...........the harsh truth is i'm just not THAT important, even people very close to me have a lot else on their minds, and rarely am i the source or the cause for whatever they are thinking, doing or saying.......
lol, isn't that the truth. My friend and I joke about this, I have a problem w/this also, and she'll say not everything is about you Done!!

I'm like for someone who worries so much I do think I'm awfully powerful in everyone else's head, Thanks for that reminder. I needed to hear that, as I haven't talked to that friend recently because I think we both are taking something personal
that we shouldn't be, lol.
(((Anvil)))