View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 06:59 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
greeteachday
Administrator

((((Bleau2))) I totally agree. Congratulations on picking yourself back up and taking each day one at a time and welcoming those positive thoughts.

Heather, I too really have to practice positive thoughts...drive out anything negaitve, but the more I practice it, the more often it works and becomes habit. I needed to walk away from toxic people...walk away from situations that would fill me with dark thoughts. For me, talking to myself and to my HP aloud when it is possible, helps me to drive out obsessive or negative thoughts. I also try hard to think in terms of what I want, not what I don't want. (For example, instead of thinking I don't want to be depressed; I think I am happy) I keep books on this type of approach and about recovery close to me and pull them out, open a page and read when I need to, and even when I don't...I know I have to work my recovery every day.

I totally agree that looking at the positive rather than wallowing in the negative is well worth it and leads to increased happiness and spirituality. Finding gratitude...making myself think of what I am grateful for in the midst of the worst life can offer has made a huge positive impact on my life.