View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 12:47 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
MsPINKAcres
Living in a Pinkful Place

Before I could start having a positive attitude outside of me, I had to stop the negative messages inside of me -

I never realized how horrible I talked to myself. And yes, I talk to myself - I told myself "Stupid you forgot to stop at the store to pick up milk" "Dummy, you didn't put washing powder in the clothes" "Shut-up whiny baby, quit crying, you don't deserve to hurt"

How could anyone be positive about anything with these types of messages in your head?

So now, when I hear those same ole messages, I have to stop and say "No, I'm not a dummy, it just made a simple mistake" "Life is not about perfection, it's ok to forget something" "Feelings are a good part of you, not a character defect"

When I started talking positive on the inside, it made it easier to start being more positive on the outside. I didn't always believe those messages at first, but with the help of my sponsor and my other recovery tools and my HP the truth took root in my soul and helped get rid of the negativity.

Hope you are able to start with those positive messages to yourself because you are really a wonderful person & deserve to hear those wonderful things from yourself to yourself.

((HK)),

Rita