View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 05:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
ladyamalthea

Silly question, what is ESH? I've been wondering that for weeks and keep forgetting to ask

Heather, I know exactly what you mean about thinking negatively. I still do it all the time... or at least more than I would like to. Before I began my recovery, it was literally all I did, about everything from my student's standardized test scores (not that I would tell them that, of course, but I felt like I had not been a good enough teacher, as it was my first year) to whether or not my sister would find recovery, to what was going on in my relationships, to my appearance... every thought that permanently engrained itself in my mind was negative. If a positive one managed to peek out from a corner somewhere, it would quickly be chased away.

I have to agree with what Ann said, though, about lifting things up to my HP and going on. I have found that when I pray about the things that are bothering me, I feel a sense of relief about it somehow. I just know it will not work out as badly as I fear it will. This at least helps me to sleep at night, and I wake up in a better mood too that way.

I'm still working on this very issue everyday, but gosh darnit, if I deserve to have happiness in this world, I know you do too. It will get better, I promise.

Refresh my memory on something, aren't you still in school? I just ask because I know that my last two years or so of college were some of my most trying times emotionally, maybe because I was spreading myself so thinly. Now that I have a little more consistency in my life, things have gotten a little easier as well.

Wow, I hope there was something of use in my ramble here. This is definitely a case of take what ya like and leave the rest

*hugs and prayers*