Thread: My Son
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 05:24 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
justjo
Sunny Side Up

You are all so good for me. Reading helped me realize something I feel silly about. You know all this time I never saw him as an addict. (Ridiculous) I cant explain it, I guess I was so busy being there for him, fighting with him and making up with him, I just hoped he would get on with his life. I actually only realized his addiction was so bad, after coming on here about my alcoholic sister. You see, I was pretty dense regarding drugs as I have never in my life tried them or understood what you do with it. Pot is pretty accepted in Aust, you can grow the stuff in your backyard for home use. Im thinking this is what he was doing, smoking pot but now know it is so much worse. Anyway, I had a good chat today with him and he knows that he cant live with us anymore. I told him I wasnt going to justify anything I said, said it and he was ok. He said he didnt like living with all the rules, so that was that. Im ok about it. I didnt sleep last night, thinking about my relationship, my kids etc and how it all of this was affecting my job too. This all means too much to me and I am going to stand my ground now.