View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 02:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
HKAngel24

Living in Positivity

I am fascinated by the idea of "the power of positive thinking" as my mind largely operates on the precepts that I do not "Deserve" to be optimistic about anything and doing so may be dangerous.

I am wondering if anyone has any ideas or opinions, E, S & H regarding positive thinking. I honestly believe that so much of my day could be turned around simply by altering my thoughts to illuminate the positive and take the focus off the negative. This is something I feel that WE can control.
But it seems SO difficult for me!
I often fantasize about the person I would be if I was able to be upbeat and have a positive outlook and attitude towards life.

So much has happened that has hardened me again - made me believe that I do not deserve happiness or good things and has even made the idea of challenging these thoughts scary.

I think for some people it gets easier with practice.
For me- it's so difficult to turn off that inner critic in my head and get him to shut up long enough for me to try something else.
It's almost embaressing and unexplainable to have this fear of simply believing I deserve to be positive.
But before I blabber on any longer- I want to know if any of you have found ways to overcome your fears and live in the positive.