Thread: My Son
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2007, 06:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
ladyamalthea

Just remember that you are not helping him one bit by trying to help him. The only thing that you can do to help him is to find it within yourself to detach so that he has less padding the next time he falls. I know that sounds harsh, but as long as things are comfortable, he has no reason to want to change. If you are contributing to his comfort, you are enabling him- even if you're not giving him money and telling him to buy drugs with it.

Frankly, if he's going to behave that way, destroy your house, threaten your family, etc etc, it sounds to me like it's time to ask him to leave for good. Addicts are very resilient, so he'll find ways to make it on his own... but as long as he is in your house, he is risking having his dealers or other using friends to know where you and your family live, which can also be very dangerous. Like Dolly said, a week and a half is nothing.

My heart goes out to you. My addict is my sister, and thankfully she is recovering, but I remember well the days when my mom was having the same problems that you are.

*hugs and prayers*