View Single Post
Old 08-17-2007, 06:17 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
mjpaao

marle,
First of all, I agree with BigSis, now is the time to believe everything happens for a reason.
Secondly, I know all about a broken jaw. My son had just turned 18 when he got in a bad accident. Broke his jaw, his cheekbones, a femur and both kneecaps. My dad made me take a picture of his car right after it happened, i remember being furious that he would ask such a thing....but now when I see that car, it it truly a miracle that we still have him.
At the time he was doing a LOT of partying, drinking, pot, God knows what else. He was failing high school. Well. to make a long story short, he got his masters degree two years ago. Apparently he did a lot of thinking while he couldn't move or eat, but never said anything to me, and we are very close.
My prayers are with you all, this will be tough. Abf will still be able to smoke, but definately will need to keep wire cutters, especially if he is sick to his stomach..and btw, our hospital gave my son a pain med that did exactly that! Also when he was in the hospital, since he had just turned 18 two lousy days before, he was in control of his morphine pump! A tutor he had after he came home figured out he was addicted because of all the night tears he was having.
You wil be in my thoughts. If I can help at all, please pm me. I'll pray that this will be the turning point for your daughter....(((((marle))))