View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 11:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
barb dwyer
same planet...different world

Some of the coolest kids I've ever met were raised in and around the Program.

I met an old Hopi woman one time who was talking to me about children. It was in something she said that changed me as a parent. During WWII, she fostered a girl who still lived with them in the late eighties when I was there. She said the parents were drunks and didn't take care of their children, so some elder women from the clan came in and took some of them into their own homes. She said she went to the Elder women and chose a particular girl she'd dreamed about. She told them, "I will take this girl and raise her for The People."

Something about the way she said that hit me like a wet dishrag.

I was a guest in that daughter's house - a successful archaeologist working in south america at the time. And not a drunk, though the daughter of drunks.

Kahlil Gibran (-sp) wrote in The Prophet:

"Parents are the bows from which their children, as living arrows are sent forth unto the world."

When you bring a kid here ... you can't be responsible for that kid's adult choices, or their earth experience beyond a certain point. How's your trust in your HP for guidance? We are not earthly beings seeking a spiritual experience here. We are instead spiritual beings, manifest here for an earthly experience.

So is every child.