Thread: So Mixed Up
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 06:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Diane, I know the roller coaster of emotions, I've been through every one of them with my son. My heart goes out to you because I know how hard it is to see him "want" to use and to live in terrible circumstances just so he can keep using.

It took me a while, Diane, but I finally saw that my son was not unhappy the way he was living. As long as he had a room, something to eat and he didn't care about balanced diet, and his drugs. He'd take anything I'd give him and sell it for more drugs.

In the end, I could live in his hell with him or let go and find my way out of the darkness where at least I could hold a light of recovery that may one day catch his eye enough to follow it out himself.

No matter what you do or don't do, the outcome will be the same. Your son and mine will use or not use until they've had enough, or end up back in jail or worse (sorry, but "worse" is always a possibility).

The only thing that works for me is to give my son to God every day and ask Him to take care of him, and then trust that He will.

I'm sending prayers for all of you too because this addiction thing is bigger than any of us, but God's bigger still.

Hugs