Thread: So Mixed Up
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 05:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
dollydo
I'm no angel!

Hello, this is your consious speaking, miss me?

You know that your husband is right, and that you are not helping yourself or your son. This is going just the way hubby knew it would.

Diane, nothing will change until your son is ready for it to change, he must want recovery, and, he does not. A tough pill to swallow, but none the less it is a fact.

You are back to square one, you cannot control your parents, but, you can control you, your actions, your thoughts.

The more enabling that is done, the worse he will get, he is a very sick man and enabling will just make him sicker.

Be there for him in your heart, think with your head. You cannot make him stop, he must fall to his knees before he can get back up and walk.

You can buy him a car, a phone, food and he will pawn, trade or sell them for drugs. The more you give him, the more $$$ he will have to buy coke. You will just be fueling his addiction. It's bad enough that your parents are hastening his decent, don't add more fuel to the fire.

Time to let go, and, be strong for him, let him reach his bottom, it is only then, that he may have a chance to chase the white dragon away.

Don't love him into an early grave.

You know I care, and I am sorry, but it was all there, this was his plan and everyone fed into it, he knew if he kept the pressure up, the house of cards would fold, and it did.

Hugs,
Dolly