View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 07:35 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
confusedwoman4

Mertze I agree 100% on people being overmedicated!!! I work in a pharmacy and sometimes I just want to go outside with a 10 gallon bucket of hydrocodone and toss handfulls to people and yell "come and get it"! We have a machine that fills most of our meds for us and the Hydrocodone 7.5 and 10 dispencers are worn out and we have to fill manually now. And to see these people begging, I mean literally begging for us to refill there scripts early is so sad. Most of these people are on government sponsered health care programs and coulden't find a job if they wanted to because of these "legal" addictions. I was working in a richer part of town and the drug of choice there was adderall, daytrana, and alprazolam, now I have transfered to another smaller town and it's lortab, lortab, lortab. Parents need to educate themselves on the dangers of putting there children on CII drugs. CII, locked in a safe!! and they are given freely to our children!! And then when the chilren grow up and the doc doesen't want to give them these very addictive CII drugs anymore what do the children choose to do....self medicate. It's so sad. Sorry for the rant but I can't help it I see it 8 hours a day everyday...maybe I should get out of this business lol