Thread: Feeling sad
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 09:48 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
embraced2000

hi jill

would you believe me if i tell you that i think of your and richards relationship almost everyday????

jill, you have experienced a tremendous loss.....the loss of richard the first time to the alcoholism, and then you lost him the second time to his untimely death.

you have much to mourn, sweety.

when richard passed and i read your posts, your immense anguish inspired me to rethink so many things about my xh.....whom i have loved just as dearly as you love your richard.

you taught me to love my xah from a distance. with richards passing, i also learned that i was determined to say goodbye to him while he was alive and sober. many small miracles have happened since then.....from a distance.

i tried to go out on a date, while my heart was still in mourning......i wound up shaking his hand when he tried to kiss me. i had a delightful lunch, but what happened after was that he called many times wanting a repeat performance.

my heart just wasn't ready.

but if it had been.....who knows??????

i wish i knew what to advise you to do.......i went to lunch and enjoyed. but i would not want to go out again with him....and he was someone who i dated over 27 yrs ago.....very nice man.

much love to you
jeri