Thread: I'm just so sad
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 08:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
TexasGirl

We live in a very populer area for people to come eat and shop. I see couples walking arm in arm and smiling at each other. Looking lovingly into each others eyes.
I understand what you're feeling. In the next town over from where I lived with stbXAH was a very touristy, historic community. People always visited to stay in a bed and breakfast, shop in the little stores, walk arm in arm, etc. Not us. If we went to visit (which we did at least monthly), he would plant himself at the micro-brwewery. If I wanted to spend time with him, it had to be while he was drinking too many. If I wanted to look in the stores, I had to go solo and keep coming back to check on him. It was really hard to see everyone happily browsing and enjoying this neat little experience together.

Fast forward some. I was recently dating a guy who I eventually decided I had no interest in, but at the time, we decided to go visit this town. He walked with me along the streets. We poked our heads into stores. We tried on goofy hats in some ice cream parlor. It was a great time. It was so very different from my experience with my XAH. We drove by the beverage barn where XAH always stopped to pick up a 12-pack for the car, and my stomach flip flopped. But we just sailed on by it. It was so weird and foreign and so, well, NICE. Yes, I ended up not really liking this guy, but he definitely showed me how good it can be again. I'd forgotten.

There are better ways to live. I promise.