Thread: your stories
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 05:56 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Elana
Bridge CLOSED

no one deserves to be bullied and beaten mentally or physically.

I never allowed this until I met my husband and by 19 years of that I had enough. Slow learner.
Then, just as I started to feel good again.. about a year and a half after being on my own, I met Steve and went right back.
Really Really slow learner.

And these two men controlled, belittled and treated me like a second class citizen most of the time. I hung on to the few times they did not.. and learned to ignore the rest. Geeze loueeze. Did I say I was a SLOW LEARNER?????

Now I have been on my own for 10 months. I am working my recovery. I am not afraid and I am back sticking up for ME. Fact is, a co worker did something not nice the other day and I gave it right back to him.. handed it to him on a silver platter with the trimmings. HE now treats me with RESPECT.

I am back. It took me 27 years to get back to where I was when I was 24!!!!!

Some of that journey has been filled with terror.. most of it emotional and most of it self inflicted. A lot of that journey has been spent second guessing myself and not respecting myself.. and allowing others not to respect me as well.

I am happy to say, those days are now done. I am me. I am a good person. I like who I am and that is more important than worry ing what someone else likes, or does not like, about me.

I do truly and honestly know your fear and your pain..
I can tell you taht staying it will only get worse and God Help your kids because believe me.. they are the ones learning that it is OK to be bullied and it is OK to not stand up for your own self.. because they see it happening.

I know you are scared.. and I am willing to bet so are your kids (even if they never admit it).