View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 04:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Frog_2hop

overwhelming Guilty Feeling

I'm sure I'm not the only one who struggles with this so I thought I'd post it and see what others do about it....

Tonight (like many others) I'm not being able to sleep because of the flood of guilty thoughts running through my head of all the things my kids are missing out on, that I'm not providing. For example, tonights guilty thought is about fishing. My AH is (was) an avid fisherman. My kids have not touched a fishing pole all Summer long. I logically know that is not 'my' fault. I logically know I cannot fill in ALL the pieces, but I also fear the impact of all the things my kids miss out on. I try to reassure myself by knowing he is only 10 and if he ends up really wanting to fish as he gets older, he still can take it up on his own....but he is missing all those fun kid memories of fishing with his family. How do I possibly fill in all the pieces, hold down a full time job, keep the house clean, food on the table.......and still provide my kids a quality childhood full of good memories, not just regrets.

Like I said, I figure I'm not the only one with sleepless nights because of this type of stuff. Does anyone have any suggestions of how they've dealt with this?